Dr Jeeves Wijesuriya, JDC chair
Jeeves graduated from Barts and the London School of Medicine and
Dentistry in 2013 with MBBS and BSc in Medical Education. He is
currently an academic GP trainee in east London and is completing a
Masters degree in Medical Education.
Dr Sarah Hallett, deputy chair for education and training
Sarah graduated from the University of Nottingham with BMBS and
BMedSci (Hons) in 2013, and is currently a paediatric trainee ST2 in
Dr Matthew Tuck, deputy chair for professional issues
Matt graduated from the University of Newcastle in 2014 with MBBS and MClinEd. He is currently an Anaesthetic Trainee (CT3) in the North East of England.
Dr Mairi Reid, deputy chair for terms and conditions of service and negotiations
Mairi graduated from The University of Liverpool School of Medicine in 2015 with MbChB (Hons) and worked in NHS medicines management and clinical audit prior to studying medicine. Currently a GP trainee ST2 in North Liverpool and Sefton.
The JDC executive subcommittee is made up of:
- the chair of the JDC
- the three deputy chairs of the JDC
- four JDC members elected to the education and training subcommittee
- four JDC members elected to the terms and conditions of service and negotiating subcommittee.
With the addition of the following non-voting seats:
- the chairs of the Scottish JDC, Welsh JDC, Northern Ireland JDC and the chair of one of the English regional JDCs
- the junior doctors' conference chair
- the Chair(s) of the Medical Students Committee;
- the Chair(s) of the trainees subcommittee of the General Practitioners' Committee;
- the Chair(s) of the trainees subcommittee of the Public Health Medicine Committee;
- one representative of the Consultants Committee;
- one representative of the Staff and Associate Specialists Committee
- one doctor in flexible training elected by the junior doctors conference.