The sessional GPs committee is part of the BMA's general practitioners committee (GPC UK). We provide national representation for all salaried and locum GPs. Members come from a range of backgrounds and careers and draw on their knowledge and experience to speak up and fight for a fairer deal for sessional GPs now and in the future.
What we do
We endeavour to:
- consider all matters of interest for salaried and locum GPs
- lead on all GPC issues that primarily affect sessional GPs
- respond to relevant consultations affecting sessional GPs
- work with other subcommittees as and when required on the development of policy and the production of guidance.
View our workplan for 2017-18
Who we are
Zoe Norris (locum)
Dr Norris is a portfolio GP and enjoys a wide variety of clinical and non-clinical roles.
View list of GPs on the committee
The sessional GPs committee meets four times a year to discuss the issues that affect you.
Who should attend
The meetings are only open to committee members.
Meeting dates for the 2019-20 session:
- Wednesday 9 October 2019
- Wednesday 5 February 2020
- Thursday 30 April 2020
- Wednesday 8 July 2020
Time: 10am to 4pm