When asked what impact the 2013-2014 contract changes to QOF had on their practice:
- 97% of GPs said that bureaucracy and box ticking had increased in the past year while 94% said their workload has increased
- 82% felt that some of the new targets were actually reducing the number of appointments available to the majority of patients
- 76% believed they had to reduce the time spent on patients' other clinical needs as the result of the latest QOF changes.
When asked about their morale compared with a year ago:
- 86% of GPs reported a reduction in their morale in the past year.
In addition, the report found:
- 90% of GPs said their practice’s resources are likely to fall in the next year
- 45% of GPs said they are less engaged with the new clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) because of increased workload.
Download the full GP Contract Imposition Survey results
See GPC Chair Chaand Nagpaul's letter on the survey results