GP trainee applications update
The BMA is aware that there have been delays in processing applications for GP trainees in England for the performers list beyond the three month window for applications to be processed. We understand that this has serious implications for both trainees and practices and we have sought legal advice on this issue.
Find out more
On your behalf we are focused on the following issues which are impacting on GP trainees' careers:
- Doctors in training contract negotiations
Find out more
Read the latest update from the chair in the summer 2015 newsletter
- Training costs - including value for money on exam costs and subscription fees
- GP training recruitment
- The Shape of Training Review and enhanced GP education and training
- Maternity pay
- Occupational health vaccinations
- e-Portfolio concerns and issues
- Less Than Full Time (LTFT) training
- Increasing and improving regional representation for GP trainees
See the full list of members for the GP Trainees Subcommittee 2016-2017
Update your contact details
We can only send out GP trainee-specific information to trainees who have given us up-to-date contact details and have let us know that they are currently a GP trainee. Many GP trainees have not done this recently.
There are a number of ways to update your contact details:
You can use the BMA website:
You can telephone the BMA on 0300123 1233
When letting us know about your GP trainee status,
- Click “Change primary appointment and specialty” to update your Grade and Specialty. If you are a GP Trainee please select General Medical Practice as your specialty and a Junior doctor Grade as your primary appointment. Click “Submit this change” to save.
- Click “Add new workplace” and follow the instructions to add your place of work. Hint: search on the postcode of your work site. You can use ‘%’ if you do not know the full postcode, for example, NW3% will return all sites within this area.
(Please note: You can register your contact details with us and vote in this election regardless of whether or not you are a BMA member.)
Downloads and useful links
Essential guide to the GP Trainees Subcommittee
GP Trainees Subcommittee summer newsletter (August 2015)
Study leave and sick leave guidance
Confidential transfer of information