LMC GPC elections
Seven representatives to the GPC shall be elected at the LMC UK conference on 9 March 2018. Nominations are open until 12.00pm Friday 2 March 2018.
Download a nomination form
The nomination form contains the eligibility criteria to stand for election. Completed nomination forms should be emailed to [email protected] by the deadline
Regional representative elections
Elections for GPC regional representatives for the 2018-21 sessions are currently underway. The following candidates have been elected unopposed:
- Ian Hume (Norfolk, Suffolk, Great Yarmouth and Waveney)
- Richard Van Mellaerts (Merton, Sutton and Wandsworth, Kingston and Richmond)
- Rob Barnett (Sefton, Liverpool, and Wirral)
- Mark Sanford-Wood (Somerset, North and East Devon)
- Russell Brown (East Sussex and West Sussex)
- David Bailey (Gwent, Bro Taf, and Morgannwg)
- Simon Parkinson (Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, and Coventry)
- Bob Morley (Birmingham and Solihull).
Voting opens on Monday 19 February in the following regions:
- Enfield and Haringey, Camden and Islington, Barnet, Kensington and Chelsea, and Westminster
- Salford and Trafford, Manchester, and Stockport
- Durham, and Cleveland
- Grampian, Highland, Orkney, Shetland, and Western Isles
- Forth Valley, Fife, Lothian, and Tayside
- Derby and Nottinghamshire.
To be eligible to vote in your constituency you must be one of the following:
- A GP who provides personally, or performs NHS primary medical services for a minimum of 52 sessions distributed evenly over six months in the year immediately before election, and has contributed to the voluntary levy of an LMC, thereby supporting the work of the GPC on behalf of all GPs.
- A GP on the doctors retainer scheme and has contributed to the voluntary levy of an LMC in the constituency (the LMC must then contribute the voluntary levy to the GPDF).
- A medically qualified LMC secretary.
Electoral Reform Services have sent ballot papers to GPs eligible to vote based on electorate lists supplied to them by the relevant LMC and the BMA membership database. They should be returned no later than 5pm on Monday 5 March 2018. Results will be announced by Thursday 8 March 2018.
If you have not received a ballot paper, or if you have any queries or problems, please contact Dominic Norcliffe-Brown at [email protected].