Regional representative elections
Nominations are now open for the following regional representative positions on GPC UK for the 2019-22 sessions:
- Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire
- North & South Essex
- Barking & Havering, Redbridge & Waltham Forest, City & East London
- Cumbria & Lancashire
- Wigan & Bolton, Bury & Rochdale, West Pennine
- Northern Ireland
- Ayrshire & Arran, Borders, Dumfries & Galloway, Lanarkshire
- South & West Devon, Cornwall & Isles of Scilly
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight
- Surrey & Croydon
- East Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire
- Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield
Nominations are also open in a by-election for the North Yorkshire, Bradford representative (elected for the 2019-2020 session).
To be eligible to stand or vote in a constituency, you must be one of the following:
- a GP engaged exclusively or predominantly in providing personally or performing NHS primary medical services for a minimum of 52 sessions distributed evenly over six months in the year immediately before election (Tuesday 12 March 2019) and contributes to the voluntary levy of an LMC in the constituency.
- a GP on the doctors’ retainer scheme and contributing to the voluntary levy of an LMC in the constituency.
- a medically qualified LMC secretary.
To find out more, download an election pack.
Please note that alongside each nomination, confirmation must be received from a representative of the candidate’s LMC that the candidate contributes to the voluntary levy. This confirmation is part of the candidate’s nomination and must be received by the nomination deadline for the completed nomination to be accepted.
Deadline: Nominations will remain open until 12pm (midday) Monday 4 February.
If you have any queries regarding the GPC regional representative election process, please contact [email protected].
LMC GPC elections
Nominations will open shortly for the seven LMC UK conference seats elected to GPC UK for the 2019-2020 session.
If you have any questions about the election process, please contact [email protected].