The Forensic Medicine Committee (FMC) represents the following roles and provides a UK-wide voice on issues affecting these doctors in their working lives.
The committee also leads negotiations in fees for forensic physicians and forensic pathologists.
- Forensic physicians (also known as forensic medical examiners) - working in custodial settings and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC)
- Forensic pathologists working for the Home Office
- Crematorium medical referees
- Medically trained coroners
- Forensic psychiatrists.
Who we are
- FMC co-chair: Dr Michael Wilks
- FMC co-chair: Dr Rachael Pickering
View the top priorities we have been working on.
Fees and allowances for forensic physicians
Email us: [email protected]