Dissertation and research support
We offer services to help you with your research including free database searches on Medline, Embase, PsycINFO, HMIC and Cochrane Library databases.
Depending on your needs, we can carry out different types of literature search for you:
- quick search - focused on a specific question
- comprehensive search - suitable for scoping research and answering clinical queries
- systematic review - gathers all evidence available on a specific topic.
Find out more about our literature searches and deadlines.
How to request research support
- Complete the form below relevant to what you need.
- Email the form to us.
Book an assisted search session
Discuss your research project in depth with an information specialist and gain direct support in developing your search strategy.
These free to members sessions are by appointment only and can be booked on an ad-hoc basis.
Training to improve your search skills
One of our specialists will walk you through the steps to carry out your own research.
BMA members can access our virtual 90-minute sessions for free.
You will learn how to:
- search Medline using both medical subject headings and keywords
- structure your search using a simple step-by-step technique
- tailor your search to your own needs whether you need to be targeted or comprehensive in scope
- handle your results.
Keep up to date
Staying up to date with the latest evidence can be vital.
Register to receive updates today and we will let you know when the most recent evidence and research is released.