Taxes demystified by Ernst and Young
As a busy doctor, keeping ahead of the latest tax developments and dealing with tax matters can be time-consuming and challenging.
Through their team of dedicated tax professionals, Ernst and Young LLP(EY) can help guide you through the ever-changing landscape of tax legislation and HMRC practices and guidelines.
What's in it for BMA members?
- a dedicated experienced tax professional
- a full review of your individual tax position
- preferential rates
Contact Ernst and Young
To find out more about what EY can do for you get in touch via email at [email protected] or find more information on BMA tax services.
The initial conversation with EY to establish the service or advice you require is free of charge and on a no obligation basis. If you decide to use the EY service, all services will be subject to an engagement letter and EY standard terms of business.
What can EY do for me?
Standard tax and preparation services
Your dedicated tax professional will start by reviewing your individual tax position - this includes the preparation of your self-assessment tax return, calculation of your tax refund or liability and will provide you with the details of any upcoming payments.
Your contact will also correspond with HMRC on your behalf and deal with any general HMRC correspondence on your behalf.
The standard service includes:
- a telephone meeting with a tax professional to discuss your personal position
- confirmation of what income is taxable
- guidance on expenses that you can and cannot claim
- confirmation of whether you fall into the self-assessment tax return regime or not
- consideration of any national insurance requirements
- check of PAYE tax codes
- UK employment income paid under deduction of PAYE tax
- deductible employment expenses
- additional job related income for example, cremation form fees, locum fees, consultancy fees
- UK interest income from up to 10 UK bank accounts
- UK dividend income from up to 10 companies
- total capital gains for the year do not exceed HM Revenue’s reporting limits and, hence, no capital gains tax pages are required
- gift aid donations
Price: £350 + VAT *(Exclusively for BMA members, this price includes a minimum 10% discount from the standard quoted service fee)
Advanced tax return preparation services
- income from self-employed consultancy fees where formal accounts are not require
- national insurance deferment
- UK interest income from 11-20 bank accounts
- UK Dividend income from 11-20 companies
- rental income from one property
- total capital gains in excess of HM Revenue's reporting limits from up to 10 transactions in quoted securities
- outgoings: employment related expenses, gift aid donations, pension contributions
Price: 450 + VAT *(Exclusively for BMA members, this price includes a minimum 10% discount from the standard quoted service fee).
For both the standard and advanced services, if you are not resident, not ordinarily resident or not domiciled in the UK there may be an additional charge based on your individual reporting requirements.