The job plan outlines a doctor's commitments to the NHS or university.
Make sure you include the items listed below
- A timetable of activities- take your previous year's job plan (if applicable).
- A summary of all the Programmed Activities (PAs) or sessions of each type in the timetable.
- On-call arrangements, ie supplementary category and rota.
- A list of agreed SMART objectives or outcomes.
- A list of supporting resources necessary to achieve objectives.
- A description of additional responsibilities to the wider NHS and profession.
- A description of external duties (ie trade union, Royal College work etc).
- Any arrangements for additional PAs or sessions.
- Any details of regular private work.
- Any agreed arrangements for carrying out regular fee-paying services.
- Any special agreements or arrangements regarding the operation or interpretation of the job plan.
- Accountability arrangements.
- Any agreed flexible working arrangements.
- To complete a job planning diary.
- Take the lead in the discussion. It is your working life!
- Follow the appeal structure if you cannot agree at the second interview.
- Speak to your Local Negotiating Committee or Industrial Relations Officer if you have problems.