Quality first can provide you with practical support to manage your daily work and offer examples of different ways of working under pressure and at scale.
Read the guidance, follow our checklist for practices, and download and use the template letters to push back on inappropriate workload.
Practice checklist - what to do next
- Have you read the guidance?
- Have you discussed it in a practice team meeting?
- Have you discussed the strategies to help you take control of your workload?
- Have you involved other local practices to work together and support each other?
- Have you met with your LMC to tailor a local approach to support all local practices?
- Have you involved your patients?
Use your entitlement as a member practice of a CCG/cluster/federation to influence commissioning bodies to:
- commission appropriate services
- hold providers to account
- put in place systems to support and manage workload
- commission alternative services if necessary
Get the support you need
We have written separately to LMCs and CCGs to ask them to help GP practices to manage their workload to ensure patient safety and the well-being of GPs and their staff.
Find your LMC
See what GPC are working on
Read the guidance
- Re-assessing where clinical work is provided
- Enhanced services and other incentive schemes
- Bureaucracy reduction and non-NHS work
- Patient partnership and self-empowerment
- New ways of working
- Working with other practices
- Viability of other roles
- List management
- Looking after your own health
- Useful resources including workload management checklist
- Template letters for practice use
Download the full guidance
Use the template letters
Download template letters or import them directly into SystmOne, Vision and EMIS to push back on inappropriate workload.
Access the templates