Last updated:

Fees for gender recognition work

Allowance Fee

Medical report pro forma for gender recognition

Effective date 1 April 2011


The gender recognition project at the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) established a Gender Recognition Panel to process applications from transsexual people who wish to be legally recognised in their acquired gender.

To gain a gender recognition certificate, individuals must apply to the panel providing evidence from the applicant's medical practitioner or chartered psychologist of their acquired gender.

Find out more about gender recognition