The avoiding unplanned admissions (AUA) enhanced service (ES) has been extended for a further year from 1 April 2015.
It now includes allowances for patients on the case management register who die or move practice, revisions to the reporting process, changes to the payment structure, and the addition of a patient survey.
Find out more:
Guidance from BMA
This section provides a step-by-step guide for GP practices in relation to the new Enhanced Service (ES) for 2014-2015 which is aimed at reducing avoidable unplanned emergency admissions to hospitals.
- Establish the case management register
- Inform patients
- Put care plans in place
- Offer a bypass number
- Offer same day telephone access
- Contact patient following discharge from hospital
- Review care home emergency admissions and A&E attendances
- Review register unplanned admissions, readmission and A&E attendances
- Complete quarterly reporting template for the area team