Guidance and requirements
Read the guidance from NHS Employers:
GMS contract changes 2014-2015 - guidance, audit and technical requirements
Overview for practices
Find more details on the key changes to the 2014-2015 contract below:
- Patients aged 75 and over should have been informed of their named GP is by the end June 2014 or within 21 days of registration.
- Step-by-step guidance unplanned admissions enhanced service.
- From April 2014 a number of IT related changes became part of the of GP contract, including electronic appointment booking, requesting online repeat prescriptions and access to summary information on the patient record.
- Work out how the changes to seniority will affect you and your practice and plan accordingly.
- Ensure that your practice can meet the quality requirements for out of hours services.
- Changes to enhanced services have been introduced.
- The Friends and Family Test will be a contractual requirement from October 2014.
New guidance to be published soon
- PMS practices - check how the contract changes will be applied to your practice funding.
Read guidance from NHS England (Scroll down for last year's guidance)