Specialty explorer is a tool to help you make an informed decision about your medical specialty in minutes.
Reflect on your motivations and interests via a series of questions that will end in a personalised report of specialty recommendations. You can use the report to help prepare for your next steps with a focused career path in mind.
Ask Doctor Clarke revision courses
The Ask Doctor Clarke revision courses are facilitated by Dr Bob Clarke and are tailored specifically to cover the fundamentals of exam revision for medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology.
The Ask Doctor Clarke philosophy is that learning should be active and enjoyable, with the aim of all courses to:
- provide clear and succinct information pitched at just the right level
- cover the key topics for each subject in a single day
- engage you actively with quizzes and clinical problem solving
- give you a really useful revision handbook, including lecture notes and diagrams
Book your place on an Ask Doctor Clarke course today
As a BMA members you can participate in our free, live webinars. These popular interactive teaching sessions are delivered to you via a live stream, wherever you are in the UK, by our careers experts.
Missed a webinar? Or want to watch again?
Our most popular webinars are available for BMA members to watch again and again, after their original broadcast date.
All the resources from the webinars are available to download as well, so you don't miss a thing.
Log in to watch our most recent and popular webinars
Book a place on the popular SJT webinar and make sure that you are prepared for this challenging test.
Book your place now
As a medical student and BMA member you are eligible to access all the resources that The BMJ has to offer, including:
- Free copy of the Student BMJ
- If you are a final year medical student, you have the option to upgrade your student BMJ to the full BMJ
- Access to hundreds of e-learning modules, including Preparing effectively for your SJT, Dealing with pressure at medical school and Building professional relationships
Log into The BMJ website with your BMA web account details to access all the services and articles you need for your studies.
See what's on offer at The BMJ
Forgotten your BMA website log in?
The BMA library is based at BMA house in London, however that does not mean that our members necessarily have to be physically in London to make use of the library. Take a look at the services we provide for members:
- Members can borrow up to 15 items for 3 months and can renew 3 times, and as a medical student you don’t have to pay postage to return borrowed books
- No fines on late books
- Access to Medline, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week plus a dedicated support helpline
- Access to Library catalogue, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Wherever you are in the country, whether on holiday or studying remotely, we will post items to you at a different UK address than your registered membership address, as required.
Find out what the BMA Library can do for you and your studies
Preparing for your SJT
Watch our webinar, complete the BMJ Learning module and find out our top tips on preparing for the SJT
Find out more