MAPs (medical associate professions) are:
- physician associates
- anaesthesia associates
- surgical care practitioners
- advanced critical care practitioners.
What you'll get from this guide
- Methods to ensure effective working between MAPs and doctors.
- Real life experiences of doctors who work with MAPs.
- Responses to our survey and user research on MAPs.
How to use this guide
The experience of doctors outlined here will provide employers, doctors and MAPs with ideas which can be mutually beneficial to your working lives, whilst helping to ensure positive patient experience and safe care.
This report can be read in conjunction with our guidance on MAPs in the UK.