The focus of the Spring Statement was on measures to support families and businesses with the cost-of-living crunch over the coming year through tax reductions.
What the summary outlines
- The economic forecast
- What was and wasn't in the statement
- The financial impacts on members
Key findings on health and social care funding
- no increases or decreases to health spending
- there was confirmation that the new health and care levy will go ahead (although the threshold at which you start to pay it will be raised)
- the NHS efficiency target will double from 1.1 per cent to 2.2 per cent and this will include a review of Arm’s Length Bodies including NHS England and NHS Improvement.