As sole negotiators of the GP contract, the BMA is in a unique position to understand the challenges clinical directors face.
We provide a range of expert PCN (primary care network) services and knowledge to support you with running a successful PCN in England.
Register your interest
To sign up for any of the services or resources below, please register your interest.
We have developed a PCN community app. Register your interest to get access.
- The latest PCN news, information and guidance at your fingertips.
- Connect and engage with fellow clinical directors.
- Leverage the experience of the BMA and PCN community to guide you to PCN success.
- Start conversations, ask questions and share your experience all in one place.
- Be the first to know about the latest information and updates from the PCN experts who negotiated the contracts.
In early June 2019, we held the first PCN clinical directors conference. The day was attended by over 250 newly appointed clinical directors who received talks from GPC and NHSE negotiators, and workshops from experts covering a variety of topics.
BMA Law's team of specialist solicitors are on hand to help you navigate the legal process of running a successful PCN. Their solicitors understand that every PCN set-up is unique and all face different legal challenges.
To ensure you receive the support you need, they offer a variety of flexible, cost effective service options that are tailored to you; from network agreements to practice premise contracts.
The formation of your PCN brings new challenges to ensure you are properly protected.
With Lloyd and Whyte you’ll have the cover you need, tailored to your PCN. No two PCNS are the same and the issues you face will vary, which is why Lloyd & Whyte make sure your cover is bespoke to your circumstances.
The PCN insurance package can cover:
- directors and officers insurance (particularly covering clinical directors)
- employment practice liability (eg claims of unfair dismissal)
- professional indemnity
- employer's liability and public liability insurance – to cover any gaps for those working on behalf of the PCN, across practices.
HR and employment law advice
As part of BMA membership, clinical directors who are BMA members can access HR and employment law advice for their PCN by contacting the EAS (employer advisory service).