Monday 19 October 2020Our main coverage
- BBC News Online - What do scientists think of the PM's plan?
- i News - Local leaders warn Government’s coronavirus response is ‘not enough’ to stop BAME communities being hit again
- Sunday Mirror - Brits describe their long-Covid symptoms that cause crippling pain for months
- BMJ - A network for elected women: five minutes with . . . Helena McKeown
- Guardian - UK government sourcing NHS PPE from company repeatedly accused of forced labour
Although we managed to have the capacity for Covid patients, about 10 million patients without Covid were not seen in that period. Those were patients who needed hip replacements, cataract surgery, patients waiting for tests, some cancer patients, patients with neurological conditions. We are very worried as a profession about how the NHS can cope or tackle that backlog.Chaand Nagpaul, BMA council chair on Newsnight
Previous news coverage
Enter your details and you will receive emails informing you about:
- COVID-19 guidance
- News and blogs about COVID-19
- Information on BMA support
- Updates on your working situation during the pandemic
You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.