The Northern Ireland council of the BMA is a standing committee of the BMA and its remit is, 'to consider all matters specially concerning Northern Ireland, and in conformity with the decisions of the representative body, deal with all such matters'.
Who we are
Council has 24 directly elected members representative of all branch of practice groups in Northern Ireland.
In addition, the following are ex-officio members of NI council (with voting rights):
- NI consultants committee chair
- NI general practitioners committee chair
- NI staff, associate specialists and specialty doctors committee chair
- NI junior doctors committee chair
- NI medical students committee chair
- NI medical academic staff committee chair
- NI public health policy virtual committee chair.
Members are elected every three years.
Find out who they are
Dr John D Woods
Dr Tom Black
The next Northern Ireland council meeting will be held on 13 June 2017 at 2.30pm at the BMA Belfast office (map)
The following meeting will be held on 4 October 2017 at 2.30pm at the BMA Belfast office (map)
We are happy to answer any queries, give advice or help on any matter related to Northern Ireland council.
BMA Northern Ireland
16 Cromac Place
Tel: 028 9026 9666
Fax: 028 9026 9665
Email: [email protected]