Equality matters is built on four key values that aim to give doctors equal access to opportunities, free from prejudice and discrimination.
- Equality matters because it's morally right, and so every medical student and doctor can progress and achieve their full potential.
- Equality matters because organisations rooted in equality, diversity and inclusivity are more productive, harmonious and have more content staff.
- Equality matters because it's good for the NHS and patient care - since it brings out the best of the capability of the medical workforce.
- Equality matters in the BMA so that it may harness the talent in our elected representatives to act on behalf of our members and to stand by the standards we expect in the NHS.
The programme will help us all to tackle any signs of discrimination and inappropriate behaviour. The BMA will continue to lobby for decisive action to end discrimination, and for processes and procedures that support doctors to fulfil their potential.
These modules will help to improve your awareness and perception of equality, diversity and inclusion.
Each module consists of short video clips featuring workplace scenarios and multiple-choice assessment quizzes, and each will take approximately 20 to 60 minutes to complete.
The modules available are:
- inclusion essentials
- challenging behaviour
- inclusive leadership
- understanding unconscious bias
- the impact of micro-behaviours
Get in touch
If you'd like to share your ideas or feedback about how we can further the work of this programme, please email [email protected].